Friday, December 21, 2012

A Patchwork Apple Notebook handmade Cover for the Teacher!

 It was near to the end of year & my eldest daughter was about to finish kindergarten.....

I wanted to give something, different, creative & memorable to the two lovely teachers for the love & care they gave my daughter.
I could not get the notion of 'an apple for the teacher' out of my head!
Oh, what to do!
I considered an apple or pear pincushion but I did not want to assume they could (or would) want to sew!
It gift had to be appropriate but fun!


A denim notebook removable slip cover (with notebook) it was!
Yes, with a patchwork green apple!


The end result was not 'perfect', is was my first attempt, but I'm still happy with the end result.

I really like the patchwork apple. I think the 'embroidered' names were rather well done considering I do NOT have a machine that embroiderers!!!!! It was not easy & rather time consuming but worth it for the end result!





The final result!



 A personalised message done by my daughter!




 "Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String, These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things!
Oh....& tied up with a red & white Paper doily!





 Work in progress....



1 comment: