Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Holly Hobbie Vintage Pink Flag Bunting for Vintage Playground Showcase.

Last week I finished my first item for the Vintage Playground Showcase.

Early this year I purchased a lovely baby crib sheet set from Canada (I love Ebay for such finds!), it was a Vintage Pink Holly Hobbie set, new in pack (made in Canada).
I had put it away for a little while knowing that I'll make something special when 'that time comes'.
Well..... that time has come!

I guess I always new it would be probably turned into Flag bunting. I did not do it earlier as I already had a Holly Hobbie bunting in my Madeit & Etsy stores.

I was contacted by Anya at the Sherbet Tree. She was getting together a collective of creatives that love working with vintage materials. Yep, that's me!


A little more about Vintage Playground:

Vintage Playground ... a Showcase of handmade wares made from vintage materials for little ones.

Showcase launching on 1st September 2013 @ 8pm AEST


Buyers can BUY from the showcase, many items are One of a kind, and made especially for this showcase so don't miss out on buying a gorgeous creation from the showcase.

All items are made using vintage/retro/upcycled or recycled materials ONLY.
 



So here is it is!
 


Holly Hobbie Pink Flag bunting.
3m (9.9 feet) in total length
All vintage fabrics, Holly Hobbie, 1960's Floral, pink Broderie Anglaise and white Doily Lace.












The submissions are starting to come in, they are looking amazing, so many talented people out there!
Most creatives are from Australia but there are a few International ones too!

My second submission will be finished very soon - another Holly Hobbie item!
Details are coming soon.


I don't expect to make much in the way of sales. For me the exposure of being part of this great showcase is just wonderful. A great place to see 'like minded' creatives who love to work with vintage retro materials, just like myself.

So don't forget to add this date & time to you diary & give Vintage Playground a big like!
;)

Showcase launching on 1st September 2013 @ 8pm AEST



BELOW:
Holly Hobbie Bunting in my stores






No comments:

Post a Comment