Friday, July 20, 2018

Cushions! It's only taken me six years to finally make some for my shop!

Cushions! It's only taken me six years to finally make some for my shop!

Back in January 2012, I was interviewed about my handmade items by Jill at 'Creating my way to Success http://jembellish.blogspot.com/'
I discussed all of the items I made, what inspired me and a little info about me.
You can see  (looking at my stores), the items I have made have not changed too much. I still do Aprons, Buntings, etc

I was asked 'What was next?'
I stated I wanted to add cushions to my range of handmade, vintage inspired items.
It's only taken me six years to finally commit time to it!

I have been collecting fabric for this purpose for over 10 years. I will introduce vintage, retro & traditional style handmade cushions. There will be some tea towel cushions and there will be some cushions using vintage linen / cotton fabrics such as Sanderson & Sheridan fabrics.

You can read my blog post about the interview here.


Zips were always one of my fears! I hated the look of them but I knew I had to conquer them.

In April 2012, I decided to pay for a lesson at The Thread Den.
I made a cushion, I was 'somewhat' happy with it but I just decided to not go ahead with cushions at that point, I also got too busy with other things.

Here is is:



It's 2018, I have started to make a range of cushions, they will be listed slowly on my Madeit & Etsy stores.

Here is a sample of what I have already made.


Retro Flower Power Cushion




Vintage Retro Tasmania - Tea Towel Cushion



Vintage Retro Coastal Summer Holiday  - Tea Towel Cushion

No comments:

Post a Comment